COVID-19 Office Re-Opening
With the safety of our staff and our patients as our top priority, we want to assure you that we always follow the infection control guidelines recommended by the CDC (Centers for Disease Control) and OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Association). As we begin to reopen our office, we will be implementing some new guidelines to help keep our staff and patients safe. Please know that we are working very hard to make your next experience at our office as safe, efficient, and enjoyable as possible (VDA COVID-19 Safety Guidelines).
Changes you may notice during your next appointment:
- Patients will be screened prior to entering the building to help minimize risk to our staff and other patients.
- Our waiting room will be closed and patients will be asked to wait in their car until instructed to enter.
- To limit surface contamination, we ask that you use hand sanitizer before entering and exiting the building.
- Plexiglass barriers will be used when possible and all staff will be wearing masks.
- We ask that no one accompanies patients unless a companion is absolutely necessary.
- Our clinical staff will now be wearing N95 masks, face shields, and gowns.
- We will continue to use our high-velocity evacuation system to help reduce aerosol contamination.
- Isodry and rubber dams will routinely be used as barriers to prevent aerosolized contaminants.
- Hydrogen peroxide applications will be used to reduce bacterial and viral loads on the areas to be treated.
- To decrease the possibility of surface contamination, we will be suspending our beverage stations and replacing our cloth towels with disposable towels.
On appointment day, please remember:
- Take your temperature and bring a mask to wear into the office if possible.
- Remain in your car and call the office number (540)740-8937 when you arrive.
- You will be asked a series of screening questions over the phone and be instructed when to enter.
- Use the hand sanitizer located by the front door and put on your mask before entering.
- Once in the office, you will be immediately directed to your room. Please note that only patients will be allowed into the operatory. We ask that all additional guests remain in the car.
- Use hand sanitizer before exiting in order to limit surface contamination.
- Join us in our continued practice of social distancing.
Your safety, along with the safety of our staff and families, will remain our top priority. We will continue to stay updated on all current recommendations and will implement any new ones necessary. We feel honored you have chosen us as your dental family, and we want to sincerely thank you for the trust you continue to place in us. We look forward to seeing all of you in the near future.
Stay safe and healthy,
Dr. Burns and Staff